If you are carrying extra weight and are also a Type 2 diabetic, you are not managing your condition properly. Why is it vital for obese diabetics to lose weight?
Weight loss is a way to literally save your life and prolong it because you reduce the amount of stress placed on your body. Losing weight requires a consistent commitment from you …
1. You do not have to do it alone. Seek professional help from a dietitian and a fitness trainer. Talk to your doctor and endocrinologist. Family and friends can also offer plenty of support if you ask. It's important you do ask because it's tough to work on something like this on your own, especially if you have a lot of weight to lose.
2. Join an exercise class so you have others to share the journey with. It's more stimulating when you are in a group who are all driving to lose weight. Exercise becomes more enjoyable. You can celebrate miles together as well.
3. It's important to control what you're eating. It's easier to cut out 500 calories a day from your diet than to burn off 500 calories. Reduce the portion sizes of meals you eat as well as the content. Vary your diet so you do not get bored.
If you feel you need to have candy or something in your mouth, try sugar-free gum because it has a flavor and lasts for a while so you do not need as much of it.
4. Drink plenty of water. This will help to cleanse your system as well. Make sure you keep your fluid intake up while you exercise because it's easy to become dehydrated at this time.
5. Weight loss surgery is one way to help you lose the excess weight. However, it's critical to understand that any form of surgery has its risks. Never choose that as your first option. If you do the surgery, it does not magically fix everything. Yes, you will lose some weight. The important thing to remember is you have to learn how to cope with the new version of yourself.
- meals will be smaller as your stomach will not be able to cope with the same amount of food as it did before. You have to be disciplined enough to do exactly as instructed to maintain your health.
- in some cases the surgery may not last if you push the barriers by eating too much of the wrong foods. However, quite often the surgery is very successful and you lose enough weight to not be considered obese.
This will improve your overall health and daily life. You'll be able to do more than you could before and will enjoy life in ways you were not able to prior to surgery.
Knowing why it's vital to lose weight for obese diabetics is essential to helping you reverse the problem and live a better life.
Source by Beverleigh H Piepers