Losing weight the right way is all about making a lifestyle change and not just going on a diet. If you want to lose weight and keep it off, you have to change the way you eat, and you have to increase your activity level.
The best way to change the way you eat is to stop eating out and to reduce your caloric intake by at least five hundred calories a day. You should start eating more fruits and vegetables and switch to leaner meats such as pork, skinless chicken and fish. Get rid of the high calorie sodas and switch to water or diet drinks. Cut back on the alcohol because these beverages contain a lot of calories.
The next step is to increase your activity level. This is the hardest part for a lot of people. But you do not have to start out doing doing strenuous exercise. In fact, you should start out slow if you have been sedentary for a while. The following tips will give you some great ideas on how you can be more active in your day to increase your weight loss;
- Park your car farther away from the entrance so that you have to walk farther. Walk briskly to get your heart rate up to burn more calories.
- Always take the stairs instead of the elevator or the escalator.
- Cut back on TV time and replace it with some type of exercise you enjoy.
- Start walking with a friend.
- If you have a desk job, set a timer to go off every hour. Get up and move around. Do some jumping jacks or jog in place for a minute.
- If you are able, do your own yard work. This is a great form of exercise, and it can burn a lot of calories.
- When doing housework, do so at a brisk pace to burn more calories.
- Get your whole family involved. Pick a day each week for the whole family to go to the park or to the beach. Play Frisbee, rides bikes or even a fun game of tag.
- Do your best to actually schedule at least a half hour into each day for some type of exercise.
If you follow these tips for diet and exercise you will soon see the pounds start to melt away. You will start to enjoy the benefits of more energy, and you will look much better. However, it is important that you continue to use these tips on a daily basis to keep yourself in shape.[ad_2]
Source by Benjamin Johnson