As if anxiety problems are not enough, many sufferers also experience an excessive sweating condition. One of the worst side effects of anxiety and stress is sweating. Do you suffer from anxiety induced sweating problems? Do your palms become clammy and gross when you are feeling anxious or stressed out? If so, then you've probably noticed that the embarrassing sweat will make the anxiety even worse!
Is there a way for you to control both your anxiety problems and sweating?
Yes! There are some natural treatments to help you control BOTH problems!
First, you can try dealing with the anxiety itself. Here are a few tips to help you stay calm in hectic environments:
• Kava kava is a good herbal remedy for anxiety. It's available in a variety of forms: pills, tea, tinctures, powders, etc. You should not take it every day, just once or twice a week. It will put you in a relaxed state. Kava kava is reportedly a good mood enhancer. When you are in a relaxed state, your sweat production will be decreased.
• Aromatherapy is great for dealing with stress and anxiety. Essential oils are especially effective in the treatment of anxiety. Some scents commonly used for relaxation purposes include orange blossom, chamomile, lavender, vanilla, and tea tree oil. You can take a small vial of essential oil with you everywhere you go. Inhale the scent whenever you feel upset or nervous; You will find yourself relaxing more and sweating less.
• Learn breathing techniques. Meditation is not just something you can do when you are alone. Many people know how to relax themselves on the spot. Whenever you start to feel anxious or stressful, take a deep breath, hold it in, and then slowly exhale. Repeat this process over and over again. Pay attention to your breathing. You can also try placing your hand over your chest. Stretch your body and stand tall as you do this breathing technique. You'll be able to keep your stress levels AND sweat production down!
Try these techniques to reduce anxiety. If these techniques are not enough, you can try some additional remedies to control sweating.
• Talcum powder and baking soda are both effective against sweaty hands. Mix one or the other with water in a big bowl. Add a generous amount of baking soda or powder in the bowl and soak your hands in the mixture for fifteen minutes or so a day. Do this for a few days and you may begin to notice a difference!
• Use an antibacterial lotion or antiperspirant that contains aluminum chloride. These are available over the counter and as prescription antiperspirants. Apply it to your hands every night, and in the morning, wash your hands thoroughly to remove the residue. You will be amazed at how helpful hand antiperspirants can be!
• Vinegar is actually a very helpful antidote to sweaty palms. Before you go everywhere, soak a cotton ball in white vinegar and rub it all over your palms. Let it dry before going out the door. If the smell is too bad, run a small amount of water over your hands. You do not want to wash all of the vinegar off, though.
• Only dry your hands with clean towels made out of cotton. Do not use any cheap towels or cloths made out of synthetic fabrics to clean your hands. They will only leave chemicals on your hands, which will in effect cause more sweat.
It may take a combination of anxiety treatments and sweaty palm remedies to really help you. Just know that there is help available! There are other anxieties sufferers who have to deal with sweaty palms as well.[ad_2]
Source by Jason Ellis