Shaving, when done correctly, is one of the best ways for a woman to exfoliate her way to having improved elasticity, balanced skin tone, minimized pores, and a radiant gorgeous complexion.
HOW TO GUIDE
- Take a shower first to warm up skin and begin loosening dead skin cells. Gently clean your face with a pH balance cleanser to remove any traces of dirt or makeup.
- After a shower, massage a quality pre-shave oil or gel over entire face.
- Take a small glob of quality glycerin based shave lather and apply directly onto the face. Dilute with warm water. With clean fingers spread gently and evenly over entire face, including nose and forehead.
- Warm your razor up by swishing it under hot water.
SIDEBURN AND CHEEK – Improve tone and elasticity
- Starting at the side of the face closest to the ear (side burn), begin shaving using strokes no longer than an inch at a time moving toward the jaw line.
- Lather back up and shave from the sideburn toward the nose using the same short strokes.
NOSE – Minimize pores and heal blackheads
- Make sure the nose has a good layer of shave lather over it.
- Shave from the top of the nose to the tip. Just once is good enough. If your razor is small enough to shave each side of the nose then go ahead. If you have a tiny nose, don’t risk it.
FOREHEAD – Reduce fine lines and wrinkles
- Make sure it has a good layer of shave lather over it.
- Shave from the center of the forehead (between the eyes) out toward each temple.
- Be careful not to whack the eye brow or hair line.
- Push your tongue up under the upper lip and push outwards until the surface is firm and quite flat.
- Tilt your razor on a slight diagonal and only use a small portion of it to shave with the lie of the hair which is staggered on a downward taper.
- Rinse the entire face with fresh warm water and then splash off with cool water.
- Pat face with clean towel so it’s not dripping wet but still damp.
- Gently massage a naturally pH balanced toning gel or aftershave gel over entire face a neck.
- Moisturize as usual.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
- Don’t over shave the face until it has acclimated to its new condition.
- Rinse razor blade often to avoid clogging
- Grip your razor as if it were a feather. The lighter your grip the better it will shave.
- Try to do your shave at night or on a day you won’t have to apply makeup straight after. Give your face at least 6 hours to reboot and adjust.
- Because the hair is soft and quite long in places, you may be tempted to turn the razor against the hair to remove it more easily. DON’T DO IT! The point is to gradually remove skin cells. It will get easier and better over time.
- Women should only shave their entire face a maximum of one time a week. In most cases, once every two weeks should suffice.
Source by Lauren Cross