Wrinkles on the elbows are not a matter of life or death, but they can freak some people out. When you have something that looks like a hood above your elbow, will you not do anything about it? Will you just keep mum and rather than make a big deal out of it and simply hide it under long-sleeved blouses? You can do that, after all. Then again, you know very well that you are not getting rid of the problem, but only prolonging your agony. At the end of the day, when you have removed your clothing, the lines on your elbows will still be there, possibly getting deeper each day.
The problem with wrinkles on the elbows is that the options to reverse them are limited. Not even plastic surgery can remove them without the consequences. The elbows, you see, will have to be immobilized for the wound to heal, and that can be very uncomfortable for you, to think that there are tons of things you do with your hands every day. Not only that, even if you did get rid of elbow wrinkles through plastic surgery, you’ll most likely be dealing with another problem – scarring.
Botox is not going to work for wrinkled elbows as well. Why, because wrinkled elbows are basically a result of sagging skin, not excessive muscle contraction, which Botox injections cannot correct.
Reversing wrinkled elbows may require skin-tightening procedures such as MiXto laser. Taking advantage of fractional laser technology, MiXto laser helps to get rid of sagging skin by increasing the production of collagen, which as we all know by now is a very important component of the skin. The procedure takes half an hour and offers immediate and visible results, something you cannot find in other treatments. The big drawback is the cost. Imagine paying approximately $1,000 to $3,000 per treatment!
Collagen Injections for Wrinkled Elbows
The appearance of wrinkles on any part of the body suggests a depleting supply of collagen and elastin. Injecting collagen into the dermis helps to plump and lift the skin and smooth out the wrinkles in the process. There are different types of collagen injections around, but you have to look for one that is not synthetic and you also have to make sure that you are getting them from a trained professional, no less.
Collagen injections are quite affordable, but their effects wear down after just a few months, which means to say that you’ll probably need around four collagen injections in a given year.
Practical Tips to Prevent Wrinkles
To prevent the development of more wrinkles, take note of these practical tips:
- Moisturize daily. Make sure you use not just a good quality moisturizer but one that contains anti-aging ingredients, specifically the Vitamins C and E, antioxidants, Cynergy TK (a functional type of keratin), and hyaluronic acid to help attract moisture and lock it in.
- Slather your skin with generous amounts of sun screen when going out. This will give you some protection from the sun’s UV rays that can be damaging to your skin.
- Drink 10-12 glasses of water daily. Hydration is very important, whether you are trying to get rid of wrinkles or not. However, the need to maintain hydration becomes more urgent when you want to delay the aging process and keep wrinkles at bay.
- Eat right and be healthy. Get more vegetables and fruits in your diet, and as much as possible eat them in their raw and freshest forms.
- Tear yourself away from junk foods, as well as those that are high in fat, sugar, preservatives and synthetic ingredients.
- Avoid exposure to environment pollutants as these can trigger free radical damage that accelerates the aging process.
Source by Amanda B. Sumner