How Much Water Should I Drink? – Drinking Water And Weight Loss

Margarita FolkPosted by
[ad_1]

Lots of people ask me if drinking water is so important in a weight loss program? The answer is a resounding YES – in fact it is crucial to your weight loss program! Our bodies are made up of 60% of water. If we do not drink enough of it we will become dehydrated – it is like thinking of a dried up prune ! Drinking water is important for your good health, but it is possible to drink too much water when you drink a huge amount of water in a very short time. Drinking lots of water is valuable in preventing urinary tract infections in both men and for women, flushing impurities out of the system.

So, what are the benefits of drinking all this water? Water is an essential lubricant for the body. It helps dissolves minerals and other nutrients so that they can be absorbed by your body. It also keeps the nose eyes and mouth pleasantly moist. It even helps to avoid constipation and is a great help to the kidneys and helps to get rid of toxins and other harmful material. It also acts as a thermostat for the body so that temperature fluctuations are kept under control. It is a great lubricant for joints. And it contains ZERO

calories!

How Much Water Should You Drink?

Basically that will vary from person to person. It will also depend on where you live and how much exercise you take. We lose a lot of water through sweat, urine and bowel movements. Generally speaking what we eat accounts for about 20% of our water intake while fluids will make up the other 80%. Take into consideration that lots of food contains high quantities of water , e.g. fruit and vegetables so they should be taken into consideration when calculating your daily water needs. . How much water you actually need depends on your weight, level of activity, the temperature and humidity of your environment, and your diet. The large number of sedentary and overweight people in the United States is a major factor in the increasing rate of kidney stones in the country.

Usually about 2 litres of water is sufficient to replace all the lost fluids. That is usually about eight cups and that is about right for most women while men should consume about 13 cups which is about 3 litres. These are very approximate figures and as I explained above, it does depend on your diet and your amount of exercise. Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so developing a good water drinking habit can be a long-term aid in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight and it also prevents the sagging of skin that sometimes follows weight loss.

[ad_2]
Source by Robert William Locke