Usually cholesterol is produced in the liver and it is one of the essential ingredients of our body. 20-30% of the cholesterol is obtained from the food we eat. The measurement of cholesterol is taken in milligrams per 100 millimeters of blood. The normal range of the cholesterol varies between 150-200 mg per 100ml. It is also known as lipoproteins as in blood cholesterol occurs in combination with certain lipids or fats.
Cholesterol or lipoproteins are classified into two types –
1. Low density lipoprotein (LDL)
2. High density lipoprotein (HDL)
Low density lipoprotein is related with cholesterol deposits in blood vessels and it is also considered to be harmful. It may result into the problems like stroke, heart disease etc. whereas the high density lipoprotein helps to remove the cholesterol from the circulation and also reduces the risk of heart disease.
Some of the major symptoms of high blood cholesterol are excess fatigue and feel of uneasiness, pain and heaviness in the chest area, breathlessness and general fatigue.
Some of the major causes of high blood cholesterol –
2. Genetic factors
3. Stress and over workload
4. Diseases like kidney disease, liver disease, diabetes mellitus and also due to hypothyroidism.
5. Intake of high fat diet can be a major cause of high BP.
It can be treated by natural home remedies. Some of the natural remedies to treat high cholesterol are given below –
1. Make a mixture by adding one tea spoon of lime juice and one teaspoon of honey in one cup of hot water. Drink this mixture daily in the morning if you want to lower your cholesterol naturally.
2. High serum cholesterol can also be controlled by intake of fenugreek seeds regularly. It is an effective natural remedy for the treatment of high cholesterol.
3. Take a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of methi powder in it. Drink this solution for one month in an empty stomach. It is an effective natural remedy for the treatment of high cholesterol.
4. Increase the intake of foods rich in vitamin E like sunflower seeds, soyabean oils, butter, safflower and also the sprouted seeds and grains.
5. Take a glass of water and add two tablespoons of dry seeds of coriander and allow it to boil properly. Allow it to cool and strain the decoction. Take this decoction two times a day for lowering of the cholesterol. It is also an effective natural remedy for the treatment of high cholesterol.
6. Intake of onion juice is also very effective for the treatment of high cholesterol. It brings the cholesterol, clean the blood and also regulate the heart.[ad_2]
Source by Nick Mutt