Till eighties, there was a belief that once you suffer from a heart disease, there is virtually nothing which can be done to stop or reverse the harm done. But according to the recent studies, it has been proven that Ayurveda can not only put a stop to the harm being done to arteries, but can also reverse the blockage. Certain Ayurveda practices contribute in increasing the blood flow to specific regions of the heart where adequate blood is not reaching. The coronary arteries get blocked because of inadequate blood supply.
What Do You Mean By Heart Disease?
Heart disease or coronary diseases are the commonest form of heart disease. The disease is actually malfunctioning of blood vessels which can also be a reason for fatal heart attack. One of the many cardiovascular diseases, heart diseases is the disease of the blood vessel system and heart. Some more common cardiovascular diseases include angina or chest pain, Rheumatic heart disease, stroke and high blood pressure.
Some of the reasons for contracting heart diseases are smoking, high blood cholesterol level, high blood pressure, diabetes, physical inactivity and obesity.
Home Remedies for Managing Heart Disease and Avoid It
- Half teaspoons of ginger and garlic juice taken equally and when mixed with jaggery or honey, it makes the right tonic to be taken twice a day.
- Juice of pumpkin, carrot and pomegranate, take around 2 glasses daily.
- ½ tsp Methi seeds if soaked throughout one night in ½ cup water. Chew it the next day morning before taking anything else.
- Practice Panchkarma to maintain heart dhara as it supports the right way of heart functioning. It also helps in maintaining Shirodhara that balances emotions. Do it under the supervision of an Ayurvedic practitioner.
- Take a roll of cotton and soak it in warm sesame oil or ghee. Apply the pack of cloth for around fifteen minutes daily around the left side of your chest. This strengthens the heart functioning.
- ½ tsp cow ghee is to be applied on your both temples and to be massaged gently for a minute. It will reduce stress and anxiety and will help you get peaceful sleep.
- Meditation, brisk walking, yoga such as Kapalbharti and Anulom Vilom Pranayam should be a routine for daily basis.
People who suffer from diabetes also have annoying food cravings. Eat few healthy recipes to control food cravings.
Healthy food recipes to be followed
1. Vegetable chila made of multi grain mix flour, Moong dal flour, salt, ginger garlic paste, coriander leaves chopped, grated bottle gourd, cabbage, green chili finely chopped, Turmeric powder and water.
2. Dalia salad made of crushed dalia, crushed onion and coriander leaves that are finely chopped.
There are various other Ayurvedic home remedies available which you can follow to control diabetes and heart disease. Take a diet meant for Detox to control the levels of blood sugar and improved heart functioning.
Fasting withy only ginger juice in lukewarm water for days can also help you stay healthy and fit.
Take only vegetables and Moong dal soup for 5 days at a stretch and after that for next five days consume only Moong dal and vegetable mixed with garlic and ginger paste, garam masala and turmeric powder.
After all these, start following a normal diet and following the above diet for Detox once a month will help you reduce extra fats, stiffness, swelling and Aam from your body. It will make you feel more agile, healthy and also aid in controlling your weight.
Many medicines are available in the market to keep your heart functioning properly, but unfortunately all of them are not as effective as expected. So, instead of consuming random medicines for heart ailments you can opt for the natural way with Ayurveda which has no adverse effects on the body and will help you get treated naturally. The various natural and Ayurvedic ingredients that are used in medicines for heart ailments are as follows:
Amla: Amla is a potent anti-oxidant that restricts strongly the free radicals from damaging the arteries. It also nourishes the heart tissues and helps in boosting your immune system along with your heart. This amazing fruit is one of the prime ingredients in Chywanaprash which is a delicious jam made with different types of natural herbs and gives strength and immunity.
Arjuna: Heart diseases are caused mainly because of congestion, hardening and inflammation of the arteries that causes restriction in blood flow. These hardened arties also put a lot of pressure on heart tissues and muscles. Known as Ayurveda’s wonder, this herb helps in the reducing congestive arteries, cardiac muscles strengthening and keeping the blood pressure low.
Triphala: Triphala is a perfect cure for people suffering from high cholesterol. It when combined with other herbs also breaks down the blood fats present in the body fast and effectively.
Ashwagandha: Tension is another cause of heart diseases and that is when this wonderful herb Ashwagandha comes to your rescue. It is known for reducing tension of the mind and the body and also helps in heart muscle strengthening.[ad_2]
Source by Ajit Kumar