Many of us don’t have time for formal exercise. So, how can we get even some exercise every day to reap all the health benefits that we should in order to be happy and healthy.
In this article, I will outline ten ways to put more movement into your day. The good news is that you can incorporate these new ways of behaving into your usual routine by simply changing a few things in your day.
We all think that exercising has to be hard, and it has to take a lot of effort and preparation for it to be most beneficial to our health. However, this is not the case at all.
The most successful form of exercise is easy and practical. But what is more it can fit right into our daily routine without a lot of difficulty.
Here are a few things to try to bring more movement into your daily routine.
1. Avoid all escalators and elevators. The best way to put in a bit more movement into your day is to walk up the stairs as much as possible.
2. Park further away from the entrance of a shopping mall or doctor’s office and walk if possible. This will put in more movement into your day and help you feel a lot more in control of your health.
3. Do you go for a cup of coffee or to your work cafeteria for lunch? If you do, go there by jogging slowly, enough for you to get out of breath.
4. If you work in an office, try working at a treadmill desk. Not only will you be more productive but you will also be getting some exercise.
5. Whenever the phone rings, stand up and walk around when you talk on the phone.
6. Consider getting a desk that allows you to do your work standing up. If you spend two hours a day standing, you are doing what the experts are now recommending for optimal health and well-being.
7. When you are brushing your teeth, flossing, shaving your face, combing your hair or taking a shower, get in the habit of doing some in place walking or squats. Bend your knees as if you were going to sit down and maintain that position until you get tired.
8. Walk every time that you can. Walking is a wonderful way to stay fit and have all the health benefits that you so much deserve.
By taking these steps, you will be putting some added steps into your day. And who knows you may even be adding so many new steps that you will be healthier, more fit, and happier. This is a recipe for good health and well-being.[ad_2]
Source by Irene Roth