If there were a magic pill or potion, nobody would be overweight, and we know that any extreme "diet" usually will not work for the long term. However juicing for weight loss can be an effective strategy to help you drop pounds and bloating, if you do it correctly.
Juicing helps your weight loss efforts in a number of ways. First, if you drink fresh juice before a meal, it may help curb your appetite. Also, the nutrients get absorbed into your cells quickly, which may help your body realize that it has gotten the nutrition it needs, telling your brain stop the "eat" signals.
If you want to use juicing as a weight loss strategy, you can do a 2-3 day juice and water fast, and then use fresh juice as a meal replacement once a day, or as a pre-meal drink one or two times a day. It depends on you, your overall health and energy, and any medical conditions you may have (juicing is not a good idea if you are diabetic).
Because fresh juice is so high in vitamins and minerals, drinking it gives you so much energy you will be able to increase your activity. And substituting fresh juices for sodas or chemical-laden diet products will make you feel like a million bucks.
Losing weight is the easy part. Keeping it off is where most people struggle .
Have you ever heard the phrase "Begin with the end in mind" by Stephen Covey? Let us apply it to juicing for weight loss, shall we?
Whether you have 10 pounds to lose or 100 pounds to lose, I bet if I asked you what your goal is, you would say "To lose XX number of pounds." And then I am going to ask you, "And then what?"
You see, losing weight is half the battle. But the really hard part for most people is keeping it off. Everyone has the ability to watch what they eat for a goal, but how many of us know how to watch we eat for a lifetime?
Yes, I encourage you to try juicing for weight loss. It is good for you, it tastes great, it gives you energy, and it provides so many valuable nutrients … but please, also look at learning how to eat to maintain the weight loss once you are done. OK?
Get yourself a good quality juicer (I'm not talking about a citrus juicer here, but one that separates the juice from the pulp of nearly whole produce) and get ready to start drinking live juice!
A Juice Fast
Fasting is safe if done for a short period of time. For this fast, I recommend doing it no longer than 3 days. You should aim to drink at least one gallon of pure water every day. Feel free to juice up to 5 times a day, depending on your hunger and energy levels. Use a combination of green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale, carrots, tomatoes, celery, cucumbers, beets, melons, lemon, and fruits like mangoes, apples, peaches, plums, nectarines, pineapple and papayas. Typically vegetables taste good together and fruits taste good together, but you can mix some of them. One of my favorite juices is cantaloupe, celery, lemon, and peaches. I also really love apple juice with one lemon or lime and a 1/2 inch piece of ginger.
Tips on Juicing for Weight Loss
* Drink fresh juice before a meal two times a day.
* Use vegetables with fruits to keep the calories low.
* Always serve juice immediately after making it. It loses its nutrients quickly.
* Use the pulp from your juice to bulk up cooked foods or baked products like muffins (I like to use pineapple pulp in my muffins, it makes them moist and tender). Use it like you would applesauce in any baking situation.
* Vegetable pulp can be added to meatloaf, lasagna, casseroles, or stews.
* Use the juice to make homemade salad dressings.
* Citrus fruits should be peeled, but leave the pith (white part) on, as it contains many nutrients.
* Leafy greens like spinach or kale can be wrapped around harder fruit, like apples, to get through the juicer easily.
* Lemons and limes are very alkalizing and anti inflammatory foods. Use them with apples for a tangy, healthy apple juice.
* Ginger is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties. A half-inch piece in your juice gives it a nice spicy note.
After your 3 day juice fast, add in lean proteins, whole grains and whole fruits and vegetables. Eat as cleanly as you can for as long as you would like to, and watch your skin glow and your waistline shrink![ad_2]
Source by Andrea Mills