Diet plan plays an important role in shedding extra fat from the body. Sometimes it is seen that one has succeeded in achieving its desired goal in losing weight but fails to maintain it for long. This is due to the improper following of guidelines. The guidelines for weight control should not be very strict and restricted that become hard to follow for long term. These guidelines should be easy to follow in your daily schedules and can continue forever.
Consider the below stated guidelines before planning for a fat loss program . They will help you in properly planning and executing your program to achieve your desired goal.
1. Make sure the diet is practical and consistent with work patterns. It should keep the individual functioning at his usual job and should not encourage invalidism, real or imagined.
2. Adopt the diet plan as a pattern for life not only for the period of weight reduction but also for the long-term maintenance of normal weight and optimum health.
3. Keep the diet consistent with accepted health practices and compatible with any medical condition, such as liver, kidney and heart disorders, which may exist.
4. Utilize easily available commonly preferred foods which other members of the family can be encouraged to enjoy, as distinct from unusual dietetic foods.
5. Avoid crash diets. It is perfectly possible to slim quickly by just cutting down on all the so-called fattening foods. However this weight loss is rarely permanent as no one can stick to a very restricted diet for long.
6. Follow the principle of flexibility. The diet should allow for a variety of foods so that a person can exchange one of which he is tired for another that furnishes the same food values, not necessarily the same calorie count.
Disclaimer: This article is not meant to provide health advice and is for general information only. Always seek the insights of a qualified health professional before embarking on any health program.
Source by Nick Mutt